An LMR-MSAT satellite interface provides a simple Radio-to-MSAT bridge, providing channel access and P-T-T for the Light Squared MSAT, without any modification to existing equipment or user input during operation. The rugged design provides for continuous operation of the radio and MSAT without additional power requirements. For user convenience, the interface can be bypassed without disconnecting the device.
This interface works with all portable and mobile radios.
Mission Features and Capabilities
- Audio buffer and delay to guarantee no lost voice transmission during initial access to satellite
- Operation does not require external power source
- Requires no setup or maintenance adjustments
- Optimal placement of satellite transceiver to optimize signal reception
- Long range satellite network can be used in conjunction with localized network for optimal signal reception
- Multiple users can communicate over a single satellite connection
MJ Sales, Inc. supplier of MCOM1C S ‘To Go’ case for LightSquared Skyterra MSAT-G2 satellite telephone for use by first responders, utilities, and command and control professionals. The kit is lightweight and extremely compact.
Setup Instructions: LMR-to-MSAT/G2 – 350KB
Literature: LMR-to-MSAT/G2 – 5.73 MB
Briefing: Tactical Radio Link to TACSAT (BGAN, Iridium, MSAT/G2) – 1.30 MB
(Includes information about BGAN and Iridium Satellite Transceiver Interfaces)